Welcome to the UKDTA
The United Kingdom Derivatives Trading Association (UKDTA) performs a unified regulatory function, according to the relevant financial laws and regulations, and with the authority of the British Government, over the trading of UK commodity derivatives, commodity derivatives markets and commodity derivatives trading organisations including brokerage firms and advisory services. The UKDTA strives to maintain an orderly and safe marketplace for commodity derivatives trading and provides an open, fair, transparent and efficient market in accordance with international standards and best practices.
UKDTA Core Duties
The United Kingdom Derivatives Trading Association performs the following core duties in the supervision, administration and regulation of the commodity derivatives markets. The list below provides a breakdown of the UKDTA's core duties and its regulatory objectives.
- Maintain and promote the fairness, efficiency, competitiveness, transparency and orderliness of the commodity derivatives industry
- Promote understanding by the public of the operation and functioning of the commodity derivatives industry
- Provide protection for members of the public investing in futures or futures related products
- Minimise crime and misconduct in the commodity derivatives industry
- Reduce systemic risks in the commodity derivatives industry